Wednesday 18 February 2009

The Dark Knight

Director; Christopher Nolan
Starring; Chritian Bale, Heath Ledger
Genre; Action/ Thriller
Year; 2008
Release; UK

I haven't seen the reboot, Batman Begins, as I was sick to death of the godawful films before it. So I had no idea really how some the characters were being portrayed. I will have to watch it now. This is a great piece of action cinema, no two ways about it. Bales portrayal of the main guy is a new take, and pretty damn good. I especially like Caines Alfred, hinting at a past that may not be too auspicious, I like that. Obviously, the big talking point is Ledgers Joker. It is a very good update on the character, and certainly good fun to watch. He'll probably get the Oscar for it, but I can't help thinking would everyone in such awe, if he was still alive? Still a must see though, and a lesson in how to make a blockbuster movie.

No comments: